Our mission is to educate students about environmental issues, inspire them to pursue issues they care about, and serve the community through local environmental service projects.
Our motto, "Make a Dent" was coined by our beloved Charles Leal, who joined us in 2016. This motto encompasses all our efforts as a club and as individuals, as our ultimate goal is to simply make a positive, sustainable difference in the OSU and Corvallis community through our club. #MakeADent
Each year, we aim to achieve each of the following goals:
- Expose students (local and from far away) to the beautiful environment Oregon has to offer - camping, hiking, and other outings that remind us of the natural world around us
- Educate and raise awareness about environmental issues, whether it directly affects them or allows them to think bigger than our local environment
- Empower students to realize and develop their own passions and academic pursuits
- Build our Envi Sci community and family
- And last but not least...Make a dent!
Environmental Science Major & GIS Certificate
Greetings! I am a junior from San Diego, California. I am interested in nature conservation and using GIS as a problem solving tool. As well as being an advocate for the environment, in my free time I also enjoy playing all kinds of sports and exploring nature with my friends. If you see me around campus, please say hello!
Ocean Science Major
Hi! I am from a small town called Edgewater, Maryland. A little about me, I'm a huge music-lover and I absolutely love being on the water, hiking, camping, and really anything that gets me outside and seeing new places. Welcome to the Envi Sci family, and feel free to say hey if you see me around!
Environmental Science Major
I am a junior transfer from San Diego, California studying Environmental Sciences. I spend my free time volunteering in my community, gardening, hiking, camping, traveling, and practicing photography. Through Envi Sci club I am looking forward to meeting a community of nature lovers and share my passion for protecting the environment.